Everything You Need to Know About Driving a Hire Van in 2018
Very often we are required to look for rental vehicles, sometimes to move some stuff around while sometimes to travel with a big family. No matter what your reason is, when hiring a rental van you need to keep in mind a few points.
1) Plan: Rental vans come in different sizes like small, large. So when you plan to hire a rental van, understand what you want the van for. If you choose too big van than your requirement you will end up paying more, if you choose too small you will end up making more trips. Lease vans can cost you a huge amount and so it is important to plan properly.
2) Compare: When you decide which size van is sufficient for you, check the rental for that size with various dealers. Different dealers can have different rentals; some might offer you a discount and other services as well.
3) Documents: When renting a van, make sure you have all the required documentation, the hiring documents, payment receipts etc. Check the insurance documents and what is included in it in case of theft or an accident.
4) What to carry: When renting a van you need to submit a few documents like driving license. Make sure you carry all the required documents with you.
5) Vehicle: When all the formalities are done and you get your rental van, make sure it is working properly. Check for all the existing damages and make sure they are mentioned in your contract.
6) Pick up and Drop off: Check the pickup and drop off rules, timings, and locations, check if you can negotiate the timings and locations if it does not suit your schedule.
7) Payment: When you pay the rental fees, verify the total amount deducted and check if it matches with your decided amount and you are not charged for anything extra.